1. No animals are allowed inside the Clubhouse building. Pets are welcome on porches, deck, and surrounding areas. Members are to control their pets at all times, and the Board of Directors reserves the right to ban pets for bad behavior.
2. Shorts, tops, pants and footwear must be worn in the Clubhouse. Clothing that is appropriate and tasteful for the occasion shall be worn.
3. Members are strongly encouraged to wear name tags and also take advantage of the magnetic board while at the Club, especially during cruise-ins and major Club events. Members must have their current membership card with them at all times when at the Club.
4. Members must ensure that their guests sign the register using their proper names. The sponsors’ name(s) must also appear on the guest register as the guest’s sponsor. Guests are required to wear name tags at all times when at the Club. In the case of special events (i.e. weddings, wakes, etc.) guests are not required to wear name tags; however, a list of attendees will be given to the Officer of the Day. When the sponsoring member departs the Club premises, the member’s guest must also depart. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests and their guests’ children. Members may not bring more than eight (8) guests at one time without making prior arrangements with the Commodore. If members bring the same guest(s) to club events (excluding Holidays) more than eight (8) times within the year it is expected that the guest(s) apply for membership.
5. In accordance with the ABC Rules and Regulations and Club Policy, no alcoholic beverages shall be taken out of or brought onto Club premises. However, bottled wine may be brought to the Club during times when food is being served. The wine is subject to a corkage fee and must not, under any circumstances, be removed from the Club premises after being opened. The Club has the right to refuse service to anyone. No alcoholic beverages shall be consumed between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
6. Minors (under the age of 21 years) are not permitted to sit at or go behind the bar and are not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages. Additionally, guests are not permitted behind the bar.
7. When a bartender is on duty, members are not permitted behind the bar unless assistance to the bartender is required and requested.
8. Use of Galley: a) non-member use of galley only as contracted through Social Director, Fleet Captain with Rear Commodore approval; b) use of refrigerated/frozen and pantry foods are for Club activities only and not for personal use; c) galley to be cleaned and returned in pre-use condition; d) members that cook for events should check availability of spices/refrigerator/pantry prior to purchasing new items.
9. Children under the age of 18 years must be supervised by a parent or other responsible adult member while on Club premises. They shall be supervised while using the computer or games (pool, darts, etc.) by the adult member. Common sense will prevail on the use of the computer.
10. Unusual circumstances, occurrences, or misconduct will be reported to the Commodore, Officer of the Day, or any available Club Officer.
11. All members are responsible for the security, safety, and care of the Clubhouse facilities. The last person to depart the Clubhouse, regardless of the time, must ensure the Clubhouse is secure in accordance with the “Club Closing Checklist”, which is posted on the bulletin board in the hallway.
12. Any person expelled or suspended from the Club may not be signed in as a guest, nor attend any Club function.
13. Offensive or abusive language or behavior will not be tolerated.
14. Smoking is not permitted in the Clubhouse.
15. RV, boat, or trailer parking is allowed on a temporary (3 day) basis. Any exception requires approval of the Port Captain.
16. Recreational use of skateboards, in-line skates, scooters and other such devices are not permitted in the parking lot.
17. SYC Guest Dock is not on Club premises; however, it is under the supervision and control of the Port Captain. Anyone desiring to dock their boat at the Guest Dock longer than 3 days must receive prior permission from the Port Captain. Do not obtain permission from the Suisun City Harbormaster. The Port Captain will coordinate your stay with the Harbormaster. A member’s vessel, decorated and participating in the Christmas Lighted Boat Parade may remain moored at the Guest Dock for thirty (30) days after the date of the parade, providing the boat remains decorated and lighted.
18. The above rules are intended to protect the interests of the Club. In all matters, courtesy and common sense shall prevail at all times.
19. Any violation of the House Rules may result in appropriate disciplinary action by the Board of Directors.
Approved by the Solano Yacht Club Board of Directors on August 1, 2017.
Barrett Broussard, Commodore